Select Page

How do I know if I am eligible to play?

You are eligible to play if you are a full-time student for the 2018/19 academic year.

What definition of student does ICE use?

If you have registered(have paid fees) with a post-secondary educator for the year of 2018/19 academic year then you are a valid student. These educators are including but limited to the following – University, College, Institutes of Technology, FETAC and FÁS.

What if I am repeating but not attending classes, only repeating my exams? 

This would make you ineligible as you are not a full-time student for this academic year.

What if I am on a gap year?

If you are not registered as a full-time student for the 2018/19 academic year then you cannot play.

My small university is a partnership with a larger university, Who do I play for?

If your small college/FETAC is in a partnership with a bigger university college then you are eligible to play for the larger university. An example O’Fiaich Institute of Technology is in partnership with Dundalk Institute of Technology, therefore, a player from O’Fiach is eligible to play for Dundalk Institute of Technology. Another example is St Pats College DCU is part of the DCU group, therefore, students at St Pats College would be eligible to play for DCU.